Hello my fellow blogger! If you’re here it means that you are interested in becoming a guest blogger at Adventures of a Creative Girl. I don’t blame you one bit. Please read the following guidelines before submitting. It’s a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo but take the time to read it through. It’s to protect both of our butts. If you’ve already read this agreement and would like to submit a guest post please contact us here.
The benefits of being a guest blogger on Adventures of a Creative Girl:
- You get to share your post with the readers of Adventures of a Creative Girl.
- We will introduce you with text before your post and will link to your website.
- Your post will be shared on social media. We may share your post on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Stumble Upon, Craft and/or Dwelling, Style and Wedding Gawker (if applicable).
- We will post a short bio and photo of you at the end of your post which links back to your site/blog.
- We also include links to your social media URL’s so that our viewers can connect with you.
You’ll need to provide the following to become a guest blogger:
- TEXT: The text to your post (obviously lol)
- PHOTOS: If you want to use photos – we will need those as well. They have to be your photographs or you must have permission to use them if they are not your own. The photos must be of good quality i.e. : sharp, good composition, good lighting, etc. We realize that not every blogger has a professional camera and it may be impossible for you to take professional photos. There’s loads of knowledge out there on how to take great photographs with any camera, like this one. If your post doesn’t really require photos – no problem. We’ll pick stock photos for you, if need be.
- BIO: We will need a short bio of yourself and a photograph to accompany it. If you have a bio on your site, we can “copy and paste” from it if you’d like.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: A list of URL’s for your social media account. Only the ones that you want listed with your post.
- INSTRUCTIONS & OTHER INFORMATION: If there’s an order that you would like us to follow with your photographs or you have to submit your links for a “round up” post, please include these in a separate file. You may also want to create an index and name/number your photos accordingly.
How do I submit all of this?
Good question! We’ve made it easy for you. We will send you a link to a shared folder along with your own password. No one else other than you and Sophie at Adventures of a Creative girl will have access to the folder and the files that you’ve submitted.
Here’s the boring part:
There are a few guideline that we need to share with you so that we don’t have a misunderstanding and we need to specify them to save ours and your butt. 🙂
Your submission of a blog post/article indicates your consent to the following simple rules:
- Sorry but we can’t use your affiliate links in your post or sponsored posts.
- Please do not publish the same article/tutorial/story on your site or blog. We use to allow it but soon discovered that it only screws things relating to SEO. Apparently two similar and/or exact posts make it seem like one of us is plagiarizing and Google does NOT like that. It also does not reflect well on both of us in terms of rankings. However, you can totally promote your post her on ACG and provide a link from your blog. So, when you submit a guest post to ACG, you agree that the post/article/story is exclusive to ACG – meaning that it will not be published on your site or any other site other than on Adventures of a Creative Girl.
- We will not share any of your information (text, designs, photograph, etc) with a third party.
- If you have submitted photos: We may use one or a few of your submitted photos to promote your post on social media. That means that we may alter the photos by adding text and by resizing to fit the appropriate social media standard. We also may use and alter one of your photos to create a header photograph for your post. We will never use your photographs for any other purpose other than for your post on Adventures of a Creative Girl. If you would like to add a watermark to the photos that we share on social media, please let us know. Also, we may alter the lighting, crop or make changes to your photograph to fit Adventures of a Creative Girl’s aesthetic.
- We reserve the right to format your post to fit Adventures of a Creative Girl’s aesthetic. Which means that the layout may look different from your own blog and we may not use all or any of the photographs that you have submitted. We may feel like we only need one or two photos to properly convey the “message” of your post.
- We reserve the right to decline submissions if we feel that it will not fit well with our blog’s theme. We will also decline submission for poor spelling and grammar. Don’t worry – it has to be REALLY bad for that to happen. Adventures of a Creative Girl reserves the right to deny any photograph or design submitted if we deem it to be contrary to the aesthetic of our website.
- We may make minor changes to your text and title of your post for search engine optimization. For example, we may add a keyword or alter the order of your title. Don’t worry, we will never ever ever edit your text unless it’s for minor spelling mistakes, abbreviations and for the reasons above.
- If we have communicated with you and you agreed to be a guest blogger, please let us know as soon as possible if you are no longer interested. We get it – life happens! Let us know if you’re interested in the future.
- We strive to post one to two guest posts every week and it’s on a first come first serve basis. However, we may give priority depending on the subject of the post. For example, if someone wants to post about Christmas DIY’s and it’s Christmas time, we’ll most likely will move that post up.
- As mentioned above, it’s a first come first serve basis. We cannot reserve submission dates. We will only be able to assign a certain week/date for your post once we receive all of your information (text, photos, bio etc.) necessary to complete your guest post. We can’t save a spot for you beforehand. That means: get your stuff to us asap and we’ll fit you in as soon as our schedule permits or on a specific date if you’d like.
- If we are overwhelmed with submissions, we will temporarily close submissions. If you’re reading this, it means we still have room! So contact us now!
- We’ll let you know the minute we find out when your post will go live.
- All third party links must be relevant to your content. We will not include it if we feel that it would not be appropriate for our readers.
- Excessive links and/or affiliate links will be removed without warning.
- If everything goes well (and it will!) we most likely will ask you to be a guest blogger again! And we would love to reciprocate the favour! We are also at the moment recruiting regular contributors in certain niches – and this is a paid gig! Start off as a guest blogger and if everything goes well and you’re interested, we’ll discuss it further and come up with an agreement regarding terms and payment.
- We reserve the right to use ads and affiliate links where appropriate.
- We will not compensate you in any way for your submission as a guest blogger (other than with love and lots of sharing) nor will you earn any revenue from affiliate links, if included. We may compensate a guest blogger only if it was agreed upon beforehand.
By submitting a Guest Post, you agree that you have read these guideline and agree to be bound by them. You also agree that all the information submitted to Adventures of a Creative Girl is your own original content and if it isn’t your own, you agree that you have permission of use. If concerns regarding copyright infringement are made based on your post (and all information submitted) submitted to Adventures of a Creative Girl, you accept full responsibility.